Released in the late Fall of 2005, the XBOX 360 had a great lineup of launch titles. I recall my roommate and best friend from growing up, picking up a console on launch. It didn’t have a HDMI port if I recall, but what it did have was Perfect Dark Zero. We played ungodly amounts of Perfect Dark Zero. The system takes me back to simpler times of my mid-college years, where I worked a minimum wage job at a movie store and stayed up way too late playing video games with friends. I think it’s important to create lists for people to help guide them on their collecting journey.
XBOX 360 is affordable, fun to collect and certain versions and variations of games can be very hard to track down. If you haven’t considered XBOX 360 as a console to collect, keep in mind that it is over 15 years old as a system and there are great subsets within the library of games to search for – one of my favorite subsets across consoles is searching out the launch title games. Here is a list of all the games that came out at launch for the XBOX 360.
- Amped 3
- Call of Duty 2
- Codemend: Criminal Origins
- FIFA Soccer 06
- Madden NFL 06
- NBA 2K6
- NBA Live 06
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- NHL 2K6
- Perfect Dark Zero
- Peter Jackson’s King Kong
- Project Gotham Racing 3
- Quake 4
- Ridge Racer 6
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
- Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland
Often times the different layers to collecting make launch titles fairly hard to acquire. Depending on how you collect, i like to break these down into different layers
- Current state of condition to all components of a game.
- Variation or version of game – for instance Perfect Dark Zero has at least three different versions and were released at different times.
- CIB (complete in box) vs Sealed (factory sealed, new old stock).
- The first two layers can apply to both CIB and Sealed collecting.
- Relative rarity on CIB vs Sealed.